The information in this section applies to you if you have completed the requirements for familiarization or updating and are now ready to request your Ministry of Education public school teaching certificate.

To process your request, we will require the following:

  • a transcript mailed directly to us showing completion of the familiarization or updating courses and practicum. (If you have completed SFU's Professional Qualification Program or UBC's Teacher Updating Program the university will automatically send your transcript to us once they have compiled your marks.)
  • an updated Application for Teacher’s Certificate of Qualification form, which includes the consent to a Criminal Record Check
  • two new Confidential Character Reference for Authorization to Teach in British Columbia forms
  • final practicum reports from both your school associate and faculty associate
  • documents for any of your other outstanding requirements, such as the results of a language proficiency test
  • $28 to cover the criminal record check. (An annual fee is also required for you to receive and maintain certification. We will tell you the correct amount to pay for the annual fee after we receive your application.)