BC Certified Offshore Schools

BC certified offshore schools are authorized to offer the BC curriculum in countries around the world. The Ministry of Education certifies, inspects and regulates offshore schools, and ensures that they meet BC education standards. All teachers employed in BC certified offshore schools are required to hold a valid:

  • BC Certificate of Qualification (COQ); or
  • Subject Restricted Independent School Teaching Certificate (SR-ISTC) with a minimum of 2 years teaching experience (NOTE: Teachers must teach within their restricted teaching areas).

Read more about specific requirements for Certificates Issued or contact the Teacher Regulation Branch.

Learn about teaching in an offshore school.

If you are currently enrolled in a BC teacher education program and are applying for or have accepted employment in a BC certified offshore school, find out more about applying for an SR-ISTC.

There are currently no related forms.

There are currently no related links.