All BC Teachers' Council meetings are open to the public and are held at the Teacher
Regulation Branch office at 400-2025 W Broadway in Vancouver.
If you would like to attend an upcoming public Council meeting, please read the
Visitor Protocol and register using the Visitor Reservation Form. Note: public Council
meetings are audio recorded, and public meeting minutes reflect the names of all
- Thursday, February 14, 2019 (9:00am – 4:00pm) & Friday, February 15, 2019 (9:00am – 4:00pm)
- Monday, October 15, 2018 (9:00am – 4:00pm) & Tuesday, October 16, 2018 (9:00am – 4:00pm)
- Tuesday, June 12, 2018 (1:00pm – 4:00pm) & Wednesday, June 13, 2018 (9:00am – 4:00pm)
- Thursday, March 15, 2018 (9:00am – 4:00pm)
- Thursday, February 8, 2018 (9:00am – 4:00pm) & Friday, February 9, 2018 (9:00am – 4:00pm)
- Thursday, October 5, 2017 (9:00am – 4:00pm) & Friday, October 6, 2017 (9:00am –
Council Meeting Rules
The rules are intended to promote the principles of fairness, equality and common
sense. They should be used in a manner that facilitates consensus building and knowledge-based
decision making. They should be applied in a manner that advances the Council’s
legal mandate and work plan, and that helps regulate the teaching profession in
the public interest.
Read the Meeting Rules
Public Input to the Council
Members of the public may provide input to the Council on matters that are directly
related to its mandate. They must consider that the Council’s work is guided by
the principles of public interest and service to the public. Two types of input
will be considered: consultation and information outside of meetings, and information
or presentations to the Council at Council meetings.
If you would like to provide information or request the opportunity to make a formal
presentation to the Council, we ask that you first review the Council Meeting Rules
and, in particular, the section on "Public Input to the Council."
To provide information in-person at a Council meeting, the public will be given
the opportunity during "Comment Period" and the "Talking Break" segments of the
meeting. To provide comment in writing or to request the opportunity to make a formal
presentation at a Council meeting, please use the Feedback
Form to email the Council, choosing "Public Input to the Council" in the
subject drop-down menu.